Monday, April 1, 2013

Hawaiian Butter Mochi

Ok, I think I'm starting to sound like a broken record, but new favorite ...food... ever!  I seem to have a pretty good sense for yummy recipes, so I guess I don't end up with bad dishes too often.

But! Back to this butter mochi! So good!  We were inspired to look up a recipe for this because N's friend Chad brought some of his delicious mochi to a potluck.  He always brings the best Hawaiian dishes!

We found, and liked, this recipe best, over at FOODjimoto.  We forewent the shredded coconut topping since I like the subtle flavor imparted by the coconut milk, but I'm not overly fond of the shredded stuff.

You may want to put a baking sheet or something on the rack under the pan when you bake this.  It tends to drip, and those drippings smoke awfully when they hit the bottom of the oven.

DPP_0216

P.S. Do you also LOVE the fabric I used for my backdrop??  At first, I swooned just because I love cross-hatching patterns, but then... LITTLE FORKS AND SPOONS AND KNIFE.  What? So cute!  I wish I had enough fabric to make a whole dress out of, but sadly, there is only enough for a little tote bag.

No comments:

Post a Comment