Sunday, June 23, 2013

Sparkly Ruffle Scarf

Another knit project!

My mother saw this at some craft fair or something and got it in her head that I could totally make this.  At least I got a nice pair of bamboo knitting needles out of it?

It's just one ball of those popular sashay ruffle yarns or whatever brand it is that's the newest novelty yarn.  Honestly, it was a huge pain in the ass to work with.  You had to stop every three rows or so and stretch out the mesh some more, and I couldn't really find a good way to hold the yarn while I worked it.  And on top of all that, there was a damn break/knot in the middle of the ball.  Like the yarn had broken and then somebody just tied a big old knot to put it back together.  This really made things worse because the mesh can't be stretched out when there's a knot tying all the strands together.

Anyways, frustrations and complaints aside, it's kind of an interesting scarf.  Not something I would wear, but I could see how other people would be into it.  It's surprisingly heavy since it looks all light and floofy.

DPP_0248DPP_0250DPP_0249

Anyone else worked with cool/frustrating novelty yarns lately?

1 comment:

  1. I hate 'knot in the middle of the ball' syndrome! It really annoys me.

    I love how this turned out - it's very pretty. Worth the wrangling.

    ReplyDelete