Monday, July 23, 2012

Egg Drop Soup


This was pretty tasty and pretty easy.  Well, pretty easy after the first mishap.  The first time, we didn't stir the soup before dripping in the egg so we just got giant clumps of poached egg in the bottom of the pot.  The second time (pictured) I added more water to the egg to get a runnier consistency and it turned out!  Plus, we stirred the soup up so that it was actually moving a bit when I dropped the egg in.  Egg drop soup always reminds me of this Chinese soup dish that I always ask my mom to make for me with some crazy leafy vegetable that only my grandma knows where to buy!  We topped off the dish with some thin rice noodles, and it was a pretty balanced meal considering my..limitations.  This was when I was not quite up to eating solid foods after getting my wisdom teeth out so we opted for the softest and most liquid foods we could find.

No comments:

Post a Comment