Friday, July 27, 2012

Venus of Transit

 As I may have mentioned before, I am especially privy to strange astronomical events.  We headed out to a more remote viewing location in Boulevard out on the 8 to try and avoid any marine layer closer to the ocean.  I must say, it is pretty inspiring to witness what is truly a once-in-a-lifetime event.  This was the June 5th transit, and it won't happen again until the year 2117, isn't that crazy?

One of the guys from the San Diego Astronomical Association had a really cool rear projection set up on his telescope (fitted with a sun lens).

That teeny black dot is the planet Venus moving across the disk of the sun.  If you look closely, you can also see some other small black dots; those are sun spots.

Oh and the title of this post is a nod to my apparent inability to say phrases of words in their correct order.  I also have problems with common phrases and idioms.  It's not actually a real thing, just an idiosyncrasy of mine, I guess :)

No comments:

Post a Comment