Monday, May 20, 2013

Pretty Macarons

You know, I feel like I'm kind of a slacker when it comes to trying out trends. I forget, but Malcolm Gladwell outlined in The Tipping Point the cycle of how people join trends.  There are the people who start the trend, the early joiners who popularize the trend, then basically the rest of the bandwagon.  I'm pretty much always in the bandwagon, at least in relation to the rest of the internet community.  Maybe I'm still in the early wave of trend setters when it comes to the general population, though.

Anyways, the point of all that was that I got some macarons.  Macarons are the delightful chewy little French confections and macaroons are crunchy coconutty lumps.  Know the difference!

I was fairly reluctant to jump on this particular bandwagon since I can't really stomach the $2 a piece (or greater!) price tag for ONE. Yes, one cookie.  This is like the gourmet cupcake thing all over again, right?  Anyways, my mom bought these two for me at a shop in Irvine/Diamond Jamboree I think.

The teal one is Passionfruit and the orange one is mango.  Oh, be still my heart.  Teal and lilikoi together? Two of my favorite things.

I thought they were really tasty, and I'm kind of excited to hone my baking skills so that I can try to make my own at home.

IMG_3035

DPP_0235

By the way, I'm trying to decide if I can use compressed jpeg images here on the blog to speed up the loading of each page.  Can you tell which photo is 300KB and which is 9.5MB?  I don't think that I can see a difference in quality. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment