Wednesday, October 27, 2010

Real Simple is Real Awesome.

I came across the Real Simple article about 50 new uses for old things. Which, I love. Their series is always really useful, but when I read too many of them, they all start to sound pretty redundant and sometimes not applicable to my life, but my friend showed me this one and I immediately ran and got a bottle of nail polish. Lucky for me, my house has a couple of polish aficionados, so I didn't have to search too hard (or else I might have gotten distracted along the way).

We have this problem, in our bathroom, with any metal items. Namely, they rust. And if it's a can, it leaves a rust ring on the counter. No biggie, wipe it with some 409. But, we ran out of 409. And now, we have some pretty unattractive rust rings hanging out by the sink, and it just looks bad when we have people over and they need to use the bathroom. Real Simple's solution was to coat the metal bottom with some nail polish. Genius. And so simple. I had been thinking of a way to fix the rust staining, but I couldn't think of anything other than glue some plastic to the bottom, but even then I would have rigged up some sad looking contraption. Plus, nail polish is waterproof so I don't have to worry about replacing a paper towel liner (which I tried for a little while).





I just grabbed the least fancy looking bottle out of our basket and started painting away. I can't believe I didn't think of this/see this sooner.

No comments:

Post a Comment