Monday, November 7, 2011

+1 to Cooking Skill. Your skill in Cooking has increased to 2.

 I used this recipe for Sauteed Chicken with Sweet Potatoes and Pears from Real Simple, but since I didn't have some of the ingredients and I didn't want to buy them, I left out the 1 1/2 tbsp red wine vinegar, 1 tsp Dijon mustard, and 1 tbsp tarragon.

I love the recipes on Real Simple mostly because it says things like [Sauté the chicken until cooked through, 8 to 10 minutes per side].  This helps me a ton because I have no idea how long it is until chicken is "done", and I poke at it every 2 minutes to see if it's still pink inside. 

Also, why was this sweet potato yellow when most are orange inside? Sweet potatoes are deceptively heavy, the one I picked out ended up being about 1.5 pounds!


It was delicious! But just a little advice, don't spend so much time taking pictures and congratulating yourself on making an edible and safe-to-eat meal that your food gets cold. Just saying :)

Now I have leftovers and lunch for the next couple days, yay cooking at home!

And I have leftover chicken breasts from the package I bought, so maybe a savory chicken dish next? The sweet potato and pear were obviously a very sweet combination for the chicken.

No comments:

Post a Comment