Monday, April 2, 2012

Chicken in Curried Cream Sauce


I made this curried cream sauce based on previous cooking adventures with N, but it didn't come out quite right.  It's really a very easy recipe if I could just get the timing down. 
This is what I did:
Cut up chicken thigh into cubes.
Fry up diced onions in some olive oil.
Cook chicken with onions until done.
Add heavy cream to pan and turn heat down to low.
Add a generous helping of curry powder until it's a really deep yellow/gold.
Let cream thicken over heat while you wait for brown rice to finish cooking.

I think I didn't let the cream thicken long enough/I had too much cream to begin with because as you can see there's way more sauce than necessary in there.  It ended up tasting too creamy and not enough like curry.  It was still pretty tasty though, I'll have to try this again but with a lighter hand with the cream.

No comments:

Post a Comment