Monday, April 30, 2012

Sauteed Chicken with bell peppers and onions on fettucine

The thing about buying groceries is that you buy something for one recipe and then have to figure out how to use up the rest of it.  For example, I bought heavy whipping cream to make mac and cheese here and here and then made curried cream sauce and fettucine alfredo with it.  And after all of that, I still had a lot left over.  I started adding it to my tea and hot chocolate (which is especially good in hot chocolate) and made fettucine again, but I only had cheddar cheese in the fridge.  Thus, "fancy" mac and cheese (which is what this really turned out to be) which is basically cream sauce with cheddar stirred in instead of fresh parmesan.  And to top it all off, a chicken breast, cubed and sauteed with red bell pepper and onion.

I need to learn some more versatile recipes (and preferably ones where I'm not looking at atherosclerosis in my early 30s).  Goodbye heavy cream, I knew thee well.

1 comment:

  1. that is the number one reason i don't buy recipe ingredients...usually i have No idea what to do with the rest! it's very early in the morning where i am but that dish STILL looks delicious!!

    ReplyDelete