Sunday, August 12, 2012

Badger Pride

My friend and I used to regularly obsess over Harry Potter when we were supposed to be working on our lab reports.  Most notably, she was showing me Pottermore (she got sorted into Hufflepuff!) which has really cool extended back story type of stuff.  So for Christmas (yeah, I know, I'm a little late in doing this), I crocheted this Hufflepuff house scarf for her from this movie still. (This is the only observable shot in the Prisoner of Azkaban movie of a Hufflepuff house scarf.)  The house scarves changed from the first two books to this "trapped-bar" design.


Ta-da!


I made the scarf pretty long so that it would wrap around the neck and still hang down with a good deal of length.  The pattern was mostly just winged from how I thought it should look based on the movie still, so I put in 15 rows of double crochet in a really buttery yellow (Caron Simply Soft) and then two rows in black, two rows in yellow, two rows in black, and then another 15 rows of the yellow.  I ended up with 7 trapped bar patterns.  I really like the buttery yellow since it looks a little less bumblebee than a bright yellow would have.

Anyone else have Harry Potter pride?

No comments:

Post a Comment