Monday, August 27, 2012

Fresh Peach Cake

Yum, this is seriously a sweet taste of summer.  Plus, this is the perfect excuse to treat myself to some of those delicious smelling local peaches that I always catch a whiff of at the grocery store.  I'm the crazy person at the store who puts her nose into the peaches to sniff them.  See? This is actually why you wash your produce when you bring it home from the store.  (I'm only kind of kidding, I try not to touch all the peaches.)

DPP_0132

IMG_4565

Seen on One Sheepish Girl via Ina Garten

I placed the peaches on top in a radiating star design since I omitted the nuts on top (I hate nuts on or in cakes) and covered with an excess of cinnamon sugar :)  The sugar makes this amazing crusty top to the cake when it bakes.

Cautionary note: I'm not sure if I made my cake differently, but the peaches stay pretty moist, so definitely eat when it comes out of the oven :)  At least refrigerate right away because it's going to get soggy and mold really quickly.

2 comments:

  1. I AM SO GLAD I SAW THIS POST BEFORE GOING GROCERY SHOPPING BECAUSE I AM SO MAKING THIS BEFORE THE END OF SUMMER. WHICH, IN MY MIND, IS SEPT 1. I HAVE 5 DAYS TO MAKE THIS.

    Sorry for all the caps. I'm just really excited. You know how much I love all thing fresh produce + cooking & baking seasonally. I will let you know how it goes.

    ReplyDelete
  2. You're adorable! Did you get a chance to make it?

    ReplyDelete