Sunday, September 30, 2012

I'm a Fun-gi

I went on a kind of mushroom spree recently with 2 different little mushroom patterns.  The little red and white toadstool is from a free pattern from Annas and the brown one is another free pattern from Julia Kelly (both links go to ravelry library pages).

I love how the red and white one turned out.  I even gave it little French knot spots and same color gills if you look closely under the cap.  The brown one did not turn out quite as I had hoped (the Ravelry feature photos are super cute) since I may have put in an extra row of increases to accommodate for mismatched stitch counts when joining the cap to the underneath-part.

DPP_0165

P.S. This is my first project in a 52 week project that I am joining in on over at MadCrochetLab.  Hopefully, I'll keep up!

3 comments:

  1. These are both adorable. The red one has a lot of character but the brown one is pretty realistic looking so whatever you did to get it to work was worth the trouble. And welcome about to the Yarndango! Glad to have you along for the ride! I'll post a link to this post when I put mine up tomorrow. :D P.S. - No worries about keeping up. I'm sure you will do fine and you earn the badge for just completing one full month, after that you can drop in and out as much as you like. Woot!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi, I like both of your mushrooms they are very cute!

    ReplyDelete
  3. P.S. Welcome to Yarndango!

    ReplyDelete