Wednesday, April 10, 2013

An open question to all of you...

For those of you who read blogs,

How do you find new blogs to read?

I was nominated for a nice little blog award from Knit by Nat (thanks!).  Now, I do not generally answer these kinds of give-detailed-lists-about-yourself, those Xanga days are behind me, haha. But I appreciate the sentiment.

One thing that did strike me was that they wanted you to pass on the award to fellow bloggers who have less than 100 followers.  I actually don't think I currently read any blogs that qualify as such.  Most of the blogs I read are fairly well known, at least in their respective circles.

I find that I rely, almost entirely, on craftgawker for checking out new blogs based on new projects.  However, this is usually just the same several big blogs again and again, hardly a font of new sources.  That and the fact that craftgawker is so damn selective when it comes to accepting submissions (bitter much? yeah).

So there you have it.  Plus, with Google Reader shutting down, I've switched over to Feedly, which sort of baffles me since I used to like the recommended articles feature on Reader but now cannot seem to find the equivalent for Feedly.  Which means that I am exclusively reading content that I am subscribed to, but never being exposed to different related articles.

Thoughts?

IMG_4787
Above photo from a pretty fall day at La Jolla Shores :)

1 comment:

  1. I usually will search Google for recipes, and then when I find a cute food blog then I just subscribe to it.

    ReplyDelete