Sunday, October 14, 2012

Too many legs

I was totally swamped last Friday at work, but I just did not have enough hours in the day to get everything done that I wanted to.  [Technical stuff: I was trying to do a drug assay that takes 5 hours with 30 minute time points, but I couldn't get through the assay fast enough between time points, so it was some kind of vicious cycle.]  So, because of the crazy-ness at work, I basically intercepted one of our volunteers in the hall and steered him into my chair and made him help me with my assay while I took a much needed break to work on a different experiment and then grab a quick bite to eat.

But anyways, that was an extremely long prelude as to why I made an octopus this week.  He's a little lopsided as seems to be my signature octopus style.  The very first amigurumi I ever made was a penta-pus (a 5 legged octopus!).  This little guy ended up with 10 legs mysteriously since I had to fill the extra space around the body with more legs.

I should really write this pattern down some day since he's so easy to make.

IMG_4760

I even made a happy meal style box to gift this little octopus. 
IMG_4761

Third Yarndango project!

2 comments:

  1. He's adorable! Love the color of the yarn and the box you made for him. How appropriate for him to have extra legs (or hands) since the volunteer lent you a hand!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love this little guy!!!! And I would love to see the pattern on Ravelry, if you find yourself so inclined.

    ReplyDelete