Tuesday, September 6, 2011

The Games of Life

 Day 6. Childhood memory.

 When my sister and I were kids (1.5 years apart in age, she was older), we played a lot of board games.  When I say a lot, I mean that was pretty much our entire source of entertainment.  My parents didn't think getting cable TV was worth it, so we had Sesame Street in the morning (during summer) and PBS programs until about 3 or 4pm.  Both parents worked full time jobs so our non-English speaking grandparents and great-grandma were our after school guardians.  Even though I love them, they weren't exactly the best playmates for little kids.  We played all the classics: Sorry, LIFE, Monopoly, you name it.  We'd play Monopoly for hours and hours, mortgaging properties and buying houses and hotels until we literally ran out of money to play with, then we'd count it up and see who won.

I'm kind of glad that my childhood wasn't spent glued to the TV.


1 comment:

  1. Monopoly... I miss that game! At first we didn't have one,but even from that early age we liked the DIY. Anyway,I was out all day,no matter what I was playing.Soccer was my favorite.

    ReplyDelete