Saturday, September 10, 2011

Yarnplay

 Day 10. Something I made.

Yes, this does look like insanity on a key ring.  It's actually something really nifty that I made that simultaneously pleases my need for order and is useful (unlike most orderly things I make).  Originally I was trying to keep the yarn labels on my skeins, but once I used up enough of the yarn, it was too skinny, and the label fell off a lot.  So then I kept all the labels and just clipped them all together.  Then it occurred to me that I needed a way to keep track of all my colors and this was created!

The idea is that I have a sample of all my yarns in one place with wash information, content, gauge, and dye lot numbers.  This way I can tell what colors I have at a glance and can match or pick without pulling the whole skein out of my precarious pile of yarns.  Or, I can get more yarn of the right color :]


I use a lot of Red Heart for Amigurumi but I do have a couple other brands like this Lion Brand Yarn "Rose Mist" that I taped the wash information and other relevant information on the back of the tag. 

No comments:

Post a Comment